The history of Clophill, Bedfordshire, UK
Including historical descriptions, maps and statistical analysis.
John Mendham was the Rector at Clophill from 1844 until his death in 1869.
His main achievement was the building of the new St Mary's Church in the High Street. Despite efforts to increase the capacity of the Old St Mary's on the hill, it was still not large enough to house the increasing congregation.
Two charities, Clophill Church Estate & The John Mendham Charity, generate an income to be used by the churchwarden on maintaining the fabric of the church.