The history of Clophill, Bedfordshire, UK
Including historical descriptions, maps and statistical analysis.
The Burial Registers from 1579 to 1851 have been transcribed and are available from the Bedfordshire Family History Society.
Before the gravestones in the old graveyard were removed to the perimeter their positions, on the map below, were recorded.
Shown bound by a green line, the gravestones in this area have been removed to the perimeter and the land levelled.
Shown bound with a red line, the gravestones numbered 1 to 131 have also been removed.
The original churchyard was surveyed 1913 by A.WEIGHT MATTHEWS and the inscriptions on the tombstones recorded.